Monday, December 28, 2009

Out with the old...

Well, friends, 2009 is coming to a close.  It's been an...interesting year.  Like every year, it had its ups and downs, and I've rolled with the punches.  There has been laughter, tears, cursing, and plenty of drinking haha.  I find that more often than not, the last month of the year is used for reflection, and guess what? You get to read the end result of my reflectionary period haha.  At the end of 2008, I told myself that I would accomplish three things in 2009.

1) I would do more music stuff.  And not just karaoke.
2) I would try at least 12 new things (if you do the math, that boils down to one per month)
3) I would be more awesome.

Fortunately, this year I accomplished all three of those. Unlike the previous years where I had the most popular goals of "lose weight and be better with money", I wanted to do stuff I knew I had a shot at! I wanted to break out of my comfort zone a little bit.  I feel I did that.  I'm pretty sure that's all that really matters.

I really haven't put much thought into what I want for 2010, other than continue to be awesome, do even MORE music stuff, and... loseweightandbebetterwithmoney. (Hey, old habits die hard!)  Who knows, maybe I'll start writing a book.  Maybe I'll get enough material written for Owning November's album.  Maybe I'll finally find love (Gah, I need to stop watching How I Met Your Mother! haha)  I DO know that in 2010, my "owning November" mentality will expand for the entire year.  I'm choosing to think positive about what this year has in store.  I promise I won't say "is owning 2010" in every status update on facebook, but you can bet I'll be thinking it!  Whatever your New Years Resolutions are (or whatever you want to call them. I don't like that term, personally, but I knew you'd know what I was talking about if I said that), I hope 2010 is great for you.  For me.  For all of us.  Except for the stupid people. They can have a mediocore year :)  Have a safe New Year's Eve, and I'll see you in 2010.  I may own it, but I'll let you be a part of it. 

Be good.

No comments: