Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Who Wants to be A Secret Slumdog Millionaire? ...and other random thoughts.

OK, let me start off by saying, once again, that I can't STAND stupid people.

If you're stupid, and you do stupid stuff around me...I'll cut you.

*exhale*

Now, on with the post:

Why is it that the TV Powers That Be are trying to turn Slumdog Millionaire into a TV show? Let me explain:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/eonline/20090205/en_top_eo/82438

Why is it we're going to take the suffering of the people of Mumbai and turn it into "tear-jerker TV" Does anyone else feel that the monster that is Reality TV has to stop? The writer's strike is over! BRING BACK SITCOMS! I'm tired of seeing Ty Pennington fixing houses. Tired of seeing D-list celebrities going to rehab (although how much do I LOVE that Andy Dick is joining Sober House! Kathy Griffin's probably having a field day!) Tired of has been music stars searching for fictionalized versions of love. Tired of nobodies from THOSE shows getting their OWN shows.

...OK, maybe in their case, I'm just jealous. I want a show, dangit! Not a "looking for love" show. I want a show like Paula's disaster, "Hey, Paula!" haha Oooo, or maybe a talk show. That'd be more fun. I'd steal Chelsea Handler's format. Two roundtables and an interview. Or maybe I'll just kill Joel McHale and take over on The Soup...

How would I go about becoming a food/movie/music critic. Anyone know? I think that'd be a blasty. We all know how much I love all of those things, so that'd be pretty perfect, right? Just a thought. Well, I think it's time for me to start wrapping things up here at work. Hit me up with your thoughts on what I've discussed...it'll give me something to do when I'm not watching Nip/Tuck (which is my new obsession, btw good times.)

No comments: